Imagine you have planned a road trip with your friends and family, but as soon as you sit in the driver's seat you see dirt, and scratch marks present on your car or bike's windshield and windows.
Due to which there is no clear view of the road in front of you and this might not be very pleasant! We know you surely have invested in the best car accessories, but we hope to add a few pointers to your kit.
Taking care of the windows and mirrors of your vehicles is as important as taking care of the engine!
It is essential because some of the most critical parts of your vehicles are made of glass, and if these parts are damaged or broken, it will be dangerous to drive under such conditions.
Also, regularly cleaning and polishing these glass surfaces will keep them clean, and help avoid steaming up during the wintry conditions.
It is time you update your auto care products kit to take care of the glass. Here is how you can do it yourself!
- Wash the Mirror and Windows
The first and foremost step is to start with a simple wash! You can wash it with water, but make sure you invest in a good car glass cleaner that will help you remove the dust, stains and other contaminants accumulated on the surface. Once you have thoroughly cleaned with the auto cleaner and rinsed with water, you will notice a significant difference in the windows and glasses.
Use a good Glass Cleaner to clean the windows
- Use a Microfiber cloth
Once you are done washing and cleaning the windows and glasses of your vehicle with a glass cleaner, don't just use any cloth to wipe off the water. When dealing with glass, you must come into position of a nice microfibre cloth that helps you wipe away the water without leaving scratch marks behind.
Use a Microfiber cloth to use with glass cleaner to avoid scratches
- Start polishing the glasses regularly
If you want your vehicle's glasses to have a clean reflective look, we suggest you invest in good polish and make sure you start polishing the windows and mirrors on a regular basis.
You can polish these surfaces by applying the polish with a microfibre cloth. Start using the cloth in linear and circular strokes and fold the cloth once in a while to avoid leaving any marks behind.
After the polish dries, use a soft cloth to buff it and remove all the dust.
Get a good quality polish and a cloth to add to your auto detailing products. The polish will last for an extended period, so don't hesitate to invest in a good one.
Apply a thin layer of polish to get a crystal clear window
- Take care of the headlights
The glass used in the car and bike headlights can fade over time, making it dull and blocking the light from the bulb from effectively traveling outwards.
It is imperative that you also take care of these glasses so that they are no issues while you are traveling at night. Your headlights are your only eyes on the road during the night, and a faded glass will create problems.
It would help if you used detailing sandpaper with a high-quality lubricant to clean the glass and make its transparent again. Once the glass is smooth, you can also polish the glass with a glass polish to bring the old shine back.
Clean your headlights with a sandpaper
- Clean the dashboard
The protective glass layer on your dashboard can also become dull after a long time. Get a nice car dashboard polish to remove the stains and marks from the surface that will help you give a crystal clear view.
Use a dashboard cleaner to give a new effect to your dashboard
- Pay maximum attention to the windshields.
When it comes to cleaning the windshields of your car, we suggest you make no compromises. That is why we have created a comprehensive list on this one to help you more.
- Buy a glass cleaner that is free from ammonia. This chemical usually damages the protective layer. There are many ammonia-free glass cleaners available in the market.
- It is advised that you avoid cleaning your car under direct sunlight. This is because the liquid or cleaner you might be using for the glass will evaporate faster, leaving residues behind. Always clean your windshields under the shade.
- Don’t forget the edges of your windshield. Wrap the microfibre cloth around your finger and use it to remove dust and dirt from the corners
- After using the cleaner, you can spray the windshield with warm water and use a nice clay bar to take off the tiny dust particles that might have been left behind.
- You can apply a thin layer of car wax on the windshield with the help of a microfibre cloth. Wait for a few minutes before you start buffing. This will help your windshield look crystal clear and repel water.
- Please make sure you check your wiper blades from time to time as they might also leave scratch marks on the windshield with time.
- Last but not least, invest in a good quality anti-fog auto glass cleaner for the cold weather.
Get a good quality glass cleaner and a Microfiber cloth for your windshields
- Cleaning the glass on your bike
Just like a car, you also need to take care of the rear-view mirror on your bike. You must have already got your hands on many motorcycle detailing products, but make sure you have a good cleaner for the glass as well.
There are several bike detailing products in the market, but you should buy ammonia and chemical-free products as they further damage the glass with time. Rest, you must use a microfiber cloth on the surface of any part of your bike.
Our vehicles are very dear and important to us! We already make sure we have a proper car accessory or bike accessories kit to ensure timely cleaning of our vehicles.